Friday, April 1, 2016

Art & Architecture

I started this blog to help me improve my photography skills and indulge myself in clicking something interesting apart from food too.  I still continue posting in FB page for this blog, but have long neglected this space. So, to nurture it again, i signed up for A-Z challenge for April 2016.
Starting from today i will be posting one picture everyday, with Sunday's off. Hoping to complete the challenge well. I dont have any particular theme for this challenge, it will be a random post that will be in alphabetical order.
Today i have some pics from our Tanjore/Thanjavur Visit.  Tanjore/Thanjavur is a city in the southern state of Tamilnadu, India. A city known for The Big Temple, The Chola love for architecture, world famous Tanjore Paintings and the list is endless.
Here today, i show you a glimpse of that timeless art & architecture that stands today, to tell us stories of our rich cultural heritage. 

The Entrance to The Big Temple
The Iconic Big Temple Tower , UNESCO certified Heritage Site,
The Tower is built in such way, that its shadow will fall on itself and not
on the ground, this was some 1000 years ago!!!! #Salute 



A watch tower behind Saraswathi Mahal,
 and also an arms storage.
Clock Tower near the Bus Stand

Painting inside the Central hall of Saraswathi Mahal,
made using natural colors, bright as new


Will meet you all with another picture-perfect post, ciao!!!

14 comments:

  1. Stunning photos. Glad I dropped by your blog.
    kalpanaawrites.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I just kept looking at the pics! So much to be covered on my travel wishlist!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such exquisite artistry! Thanks for a pictorial tour of your Tanjoure visit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool photos!
    Happy A to Z!
    I'm doing 7 blogs this year for the challenge. Here we go ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Good luck on the challenge! We're doing “I’ve Got The Music In Me” this year on The Road We’ve Shared. – looking at how important music is in the Down syndrome community. I hope you’ll stop by and see/hear! http://theroadweveshared.com/category/a-to-z-blogging-challenge-2016

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photos! I always find all the small details they put into the architecture amazing. Thanks for sharing!
    Gladiator's Pen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your pictures are very nice. It's interesting to learn about the Tower and its shadow.

    Stefani | Dreams of Nyssa

    ReplyDelete
  8. What gorgeous photographs! Look forward to seeing your next blog photos.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely photos Priya. Looking forward to all your amazing snaps this month..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful photos, look forward to the rest of your posts!

    Damyanti, AZ cohost 2016

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful photos! I love the last 2 paintings. So colorful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very nice photos, I think the watchtower is my favorite.
    Happy A - Z blogging!

    [Caitlin Cummings] from

    The Girl Rambles

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time and visiting here. your comments and suggestions are always welcome.